“By 2020, at least one major safety incident will be caused by an IT security failure, leading to significant injury." – Gartner Predicts.
Manage Risk. Build Trust. Embrace Change - 2017 Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit. Security professionals that packed Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in National Harbor, MD, June 12-15 were eager to learn the cutting-edge strategies from industry experts, mingle with Gartner analysts, and share ideas with colleagues.
Here at Continuity Logic, we are always honored to be a part of Gartner events, but this year we couldn’t have asked for a better crowd with whom to share our integrated risk management software.
Gartner delivered! New research by Gartner analysts was presented, opportunities to discuss best practices were embraced, and hands-on workshops were introduced during the 2017 Summit.
The keynote was delivered by John Brennan, Former CIA Director (2012-2017). Brennan’s opening focused on security solutions in the rapidly changing world.
John Brennan: Security can't just be delegated to tech experts. C level execs need to understand the risks. #GartnerSEC— Stephanie Fallon (@SQFallon_AR) June 14, 2017
Attendees were invited to select sessions from 6 different program tracks for a customized experience at Gartner’s 2017 Security and Risk Management Summit. The tracks included:
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Security trends and Capabilities
- TechInsights: Security Architecture
- Risk Management and Compliance
- Business Continuity Management (BCM)
- Marketplace for Security
Hot topics for the conference:
- Developing an integrated risk management program
- Business recovery from a targeted cyber attack
- Security and risk management practices that enable growth
- The Internet of Things (IoT), network and endpoint security challenges
- Security monitoring and response
- How tech trends are shaping products and opportunities
"Don't get distracted by analytics buzzwords. They're just a means to an end." Eric Ahlm #GartnerSEC— Mackenzie Fribance (@mackfrib) June 12, 2017
Gartner has announced the 2018 Security & Risk Summit will be held in the same location, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in National Harbor, MD, June 4-7. We’ll see you there!